We offer one year of Classical Latin in which students explore the culture of ancient Rome and its empire, and acquire the skills to read, write and translate Latin.
Why study Latin?
- Improve your English vocabulary and grammar as we derive approximately 60% of our English words from Latin.
- Much of the technical vocabulary of medicine, law and the natural sciences is derived from Latin.
- Stand out from other medical and law school applicants.
- Studying Latin give you an edge in learning Spanish, French and Italian, as about 80% of the vocabulary in those languages is derived from Latin.
- Read classical literature, myths, history, philosophy and poetry as the writer intended, not only in translation.
- It is a must for those interested in Medieval Studies.
- Toga, toga, toga...be a rebel!