Our Mission: to equip students as effective participants in diverse cultures through academically challenging programs in a caring environment.
We offer small interactive classes in which students integrate communication skills with cultural exploration.
The Division of Modern Languages offers instruction in the following languages:
- French Program:
- Spanish Program:
Opportunities for Language students:
- Live in the Language House with a native speaker of the target Language
- Be selected to join Phi Sigma Iota, International Foreign Language Honor Society
- Study Abroad
- Events to inform and encourage discussion about global issues and diverse cultures
General Education Foreign Language Competency (III):
What does knowledge of a foreign language do for you?
- Get an edge in the job market
- Stand out from other graduate school applicants
- Be a world traveler not a tourist
- Open your eyes to a world of cultures
- Get to know your cultural heritage
- Discover great books, films and art from around the world
- Let the creative minds of other cultures speak to you in their own language
|More Information||Contact Us|
Division Chair: Professor Sandra Singer